Thursday, January 7, 2010

Its magical... really!

I have a magical appliance that makes dinner for me.. I got it from my hubby for Christmas. Hmmm, do you think he was hinting at something? Seriously though, I did get a new one for Christmas, and it does make dinner (with a little help from me). And I swear its magic, cause you can throw anything in it, turn it on for a few hours and its sure to taste Delicious and like you've been slaving in the kitchen all day! I used it to make a roast yesterday and of course it turned out so yummy!






One of my favorite crock pot meals: Ranch chicken with baby red potatos. I didn't really have a recipe, but one day Ijust threw a bunch of things in and several hours later we had such a good dinner that my hubby specifically requests it now.

6 chicken thighs (skin and bone on)
6-8 baby red potatos, quartered
1 can chicken stock
1 package ranch dressing mix
3 carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic salt or powder
salt and pepper to taste

Just throw the chicken in the crock pot with the can of chicken stock (I also add another can or two of water) and ranch mix. Make sure the powder dissolves. Then add everything else, making sure its mostly covered with liquid. I usually cook it on low for up to 6 hours, or until the meat is falling off of the bones. Sometimes I have to put it on high for a few hours instead... either way works :) I like to save the chicken stock afterwards.. its really yummy to use again. I've also added other vegi's too- corn, green beans, anything you have on hand.
If anyone has any good recipes they use in their crock pot, I'd love to try some new ones!

1 comment:

  1. yum sounds good! I had a recipe typed out for you but kasen grabbed the mouse and it dissapeared..look up creamy italian chicken its soo good I made it tonight:)

    ReplyDelete